EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
TO CONDUCT STUDY INDIA PROGRAME (SIP)
- Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs invites Expression of Interest from eligible Universities/Deemed Universities/Institutions for the conduct of annual/bi yearly four-week “Study India Programme (SIP)” for the overseas Indian youth in the age group of 18-26 years.
- Objective of the Scheme is to enable overseas Indian youth i.e. foreign citizens of Indian origin and NRIs in the above age group to undergo short term courses in the nature of “summer school” to familiarize them with the art & culture, heritage, history, social and economic development of India.
- The Scheme as envisaged will be implemented in partnership with select Indian Universities/Institutions etc. of repute. The Study India Programme is expected to be held twice a year i.e. during summer and winter vacations and it will have a strength of 30 participants per SIP. The course would include:
- Academic content: - which would facilitate understanding of contemporary India and its development, political and financial systems, economic, social and administrative structures;
- Cultural content: - which would help the participants to understand the Indian experience with exposure to Indian mythology, history, arts, handicrafts, dance, music, cuisine, languages and by interaction with Indian students.
- Visits: - which will be organized to different institutions and industries of importance as also rural visit to allow the participants to gain first hand exposure to India.
- Preference will be given to those Universities/Deemed Universities/Institutions that have experience in the following areas:-
- At least five years quality experience in organizing short term courses/internship programmes / vacation study programme for overseas Indian students of Indian origin or foreign students.
- The University/Deemed University/Institutions should essentially have sound infrastructure and logistics in terms of accommodation, food, transport, recreation, medical facilities, high teaching standard etc. to support the Programme.
- The academic credit line and professional excellence of the University/Deemed University/Institutions will be one of the criteria for selection.
Interested Universities/Deemed Universities/Institutions may submit concept proposals/Expression of Interest (in separate cover superscribed “ Technical Bid for SIP”) latest by 11th JUNE, 2012 (5.30 PM), addressed to:-
Shri M.K. Pandey,
Under Secretary (DS),
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs
Akbar Bhawan, 9th Floor, Room No.926,
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021.
Phone : +91-11-24197926
Fax : +91-11-24197942
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose a topic from the list below
to get the information you want..
Write to us
- 1800 11 3090
(Toll free number in India from BSNL/MTNL)